Mikey and Amelie’s wedding was one of the most intimate weddings that I’ve had the pleasure to attend. They found a little venue to say “I do” tucked away on a dirt road in Yucca Valley off Highway 62 and 247. With about 60 people in attendance, it was quaint and styled in the bohemian vibe that only they could pull off so effortlessly.
Rather than talk about the entire night in depth, I’ll list off some great moments and memories.
- Hitting my face on the Joshua Tree cluster that was hanging in the middle of the aisle within 5 minutes of getting there.
- Watching all the groomsmen duck under said Joshua Tree cluster during the wedding ceremony.
- Mikey and Amelie kissing as soon as they got to the altar, only to be cut off by the officiant.
- The officiant making Long Beach references and being generally great only to find out he was some random dude hired off of Yelp and not a personal friend of the party.
- Mikey and Amelie’s make out sesh once the ceremony concluded.
- Catching up with Taylor, an old friend from my elementary days.
- Checking out Taylor’s van with Cory. (Check the vanity license plate in the photo)
- Both Mikey and Amelie looking fucking amazing.
- The incredibly spicy serrano pepper cocktail that I couldn’t handle.
- Hanging out with my beautiful wife.
- Watching Cory cry during the Mother/Son dance.
- An epic first dance where I got some of my favorite photos.
- Seeing Ian get sloshed and transform into Jake.
- Watching Jake get wild on the dance floor and dance with Mikey’s mom.
- Watching Mikey’s aunt’s checking out Jake’s moves.
- Being stoked that there were 3 pregnant women at the wedding, which means that Logan is going to have more friends in the near future.
- Bullshitting with Cory and Ian.
I’m so fortunate.