Plays well with others.
My name is Daniel Meza.
Most of my experiences are in teaching and creating visual media. I’m an excessive picture taker and funny on occasion. I pride myself on my discipline, punctuality and drive to always learn more.
My alma mater is San Diego State University where I studied Media and Journalism. I ended up back home in Long Beach. Today, I live in Anaheim and teach high school photography in Orange
I prefer spicy over sweet, I love car camping, jiu jitsu and coffee. I’m always seeking new opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to the world.
I’m a fan of lists, so here’s 10 things about me.
- I practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on the regular. I’m a mostly guard player who needs to work on my footwork passing. Maybe purple belt will teach me that.
- I shoot Fujifilm for fun and Nikon for work.
- I almost exclusively wear Levi’s 511’s. I’m slowly phasing out every other pair of pants I own. When you find something you like, you tend to stick with it.
- I’m a mix of races that people often scratch their heads and wonder how that could be. (1/2 Mexican, 1/4 Dutch, 1/4 Indonesian) Many people assume that I’m Arabic or Indian. FALSE: I took a 23andme and learned that I’m 18% Ashkenazi Jewish. Whodathunk?
- I’m secretly not-so-secretly an Apple fanboy; Have been since 2001.
- On travel home from Singapore, I once stayed up for 50 hours; Once I finally put my head down, I slept for 14.
- I’m a fan of cheesy wordplay and nicknames. How’s this one? A seafood restaurant called San Fran Fish Co.
- I hack a weird knack for giving people nicknames that stick. They are not always so nice.
- I love watching Vice documentaries. They cover things that major media won’t touch.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a chef.